Cheese of the Month
Colston Basset Stilton
Colston Bassett Dairy is the home of traditional Stilton and Shropshire Blue cheeses. Their dairy has been making outstanding cheese for over one hundred years.
Their cheeses are created by a highly skilled and dedicated team of experienced staff – using recipes that have been handed down through the generations. Renowned for its consistently excellent flavour, Colston Bassett is enjoyed by lovers of fine cheese all over the world.
Recipe of the Month
Gnocchi with mushrooms & blue cheese
Soft, creamy goat’s cheese or a deliciously strong blue cheese both work well in this easy veggie supper that’s on the table in just 20 minutes.
- 2 x 400g packs gnocchi
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- knob of butter
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 500g small Forestière or Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 150g blue cheese – use some of the Colston Bassett from this months box
- small pack parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the gnocchi following pack instructions. When they float to the top of the pan, they are ready. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil and butter in a large lidded frying pan. Add the onion and mushrooms, cook for 1 min over high heat, then turn down the heat to medium, put the lid on and cook for 5 mins, stirring a few times.
- Remove the lid and add the garlic, cook for 1-2 mins, then stir the gnocchi into the pan. Scatter over blobs of cheese and the parsley.